International Curriculum of Corso di Laurea Magistrale in Scienze della Storia e del Documento
Coordinator: Prof. Daniela Felisini email@example.com
Students’ Tutor: Dr. Luca Coniglio firstname.lastname@example.org
The M.A. in European History (MEH) is a two-year international programme with a focus on European history in a comparative and global perspective, offered by a consortium of prestigious Universities based in European capitals. It is the first M.A. programme in history to bring together a truly multinational, Europe-wide collaboration of high-profile partner universities.
Students will develop their ability to understand historical problems by using primary sources in various languages. They could get a Double Degree.
MEH is aptly suited for both European and non-European students interested in pursuing careers in international organizations. It cultivates research, writing, and analytical skills that can be applied to a broad range of careers, e.g. in education, journalism, administration, diplomacy and the cultural sector. The programme will be an excellent preparation for those wishing to complete a PhD in History.
List of partner Universities:
|Full partners:||Associated partners:|
- Course structure and mobilityAfter having enrolled at University of Rome Tor Vergata students will organize their studies as follow:
- Year 1, Semester 1: studying at Rome Tor Vergata
- Year 1, Semester 2: studying at Rome Tor Vergata or at one of the partner universities (at least 30 ECTS)
- Year 2, Semester 1: studying at one of the partner universities (at least 30 ECTS)
- Year 2, Semester 2: studying and defending final dissertation at University of Rome Tor Vergata. The final dissertation will be written in English and will be co-supervised by a professor of the University of Rome Tor Vergata and by a professor of the chosen partner university.
All Universities will accept students from the other partner universities, but the admission processes are regulated according to local practices.
After having attended lessons and passed exams in at least two different partner universities for a total of 120 Ects, the student will get a double degree issued both by the University of Rome Tor Vergata and by the host full partner university.
- English is the language of instruction and will be used at all partner universities, which also offer lessons and seminars in other languages (e.g. language of the host university). Students can also attend classes in Italian.Exams offered in the Universities are grouped according the following fields:
- Social and economic history
- Cultural history and history of religions
- History of science and Gender studies
- History of dictatorships and violence
- Colonialism and post-colonialism
- Imperial history and nation-building
- International and transcultural relationships and migration
Details about the exams in each partner university will be the available on demand or consulting the website of each partner university.
Students enrolled at Rome Tor Vergata have to fill in a study plan (“piano di studi”):
Students in mobility towards partner Universities have to fill in a Learning Agreement.
For any further information they could address to Ms. Giuseppina Grimaldi, of the Erasmus Office email@example.com (link sends e-mail)
Students incoming from partner Universities have to present a Learning Agreement. After consultation with the local coordinator at the home university, applicants could contact the coordinator of MEH at University of Rome Tor Vergata, prof. Daniela Felisini (firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail)).
Every year the MEH organizes a Summer school, where students and faculty members of all the Universities can meet to debate researches and get to know each other better.
Eligibility and Application
1) Applicants need an undergraduate degree from a European accredited university, or its international equivalent, in a relevant subject area of Humanities and Social Sciences (History, International Relations, Politics, European Studies, Arts, Economics and Sociology, Modern languages).
2) Students are expected to be near-fluent in English (level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, CEFR) and to have a good knowledge of a second language.
Students could test their language competences and/or improve them at CLA http://cla.uniroma2.it/language-centre-of-the-university-of-rome-tor-vergata/
Foreign students could improve their competences in Italian at CLICI http://clici.uniroma2.it/en/courses/courses-in-italian-language-for-tor-vergata-foreign-students/
Students with an Italian Degree
MEH Programme represents the international curriculum of MA in History and Sources Studies (Corso di Laurea Magistrale in Scienze della Storia e del Documento), so please follow the enrolment procedures of CLM
Students with foreign degrees
As to the admission procedures go to:
Students will be evaluated by the Admission Board only when they will have filled in the on-line application form and uploaded all the required documents listed below:
- BA diploma (translated in English)
- Curriculum Vitae (in English, any format)
- Motivation Letter (in English, any format)
- English language certificate
- Applications for the 2022-23 academic year will open on 1 March 2022 and close on 31 May 2022.
Eligible candidates will undergo an online interview on 6 June 2022 (the link to the virtual classroom will be announced in due course).
The selected international applicants will receive the Conditional Acceptance letter, then they will have to complete the pre-enrolment and afterwards they will receive the Formal Acceptance letter.
For any administrative information please write to : email@example.com
Fees and Grants
Fees range from 500€ to 2500€ per year, according to students’ family income: https://en.uniroma2.it/admissions/tuition-fees/
For any question foreign students could write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Students enrolled in MEH at University of Rome Tor Vergata do not have to pay extra-fees at the partner Universities during their mobility track.
Students can benefit of specific Erasmus grants for the term to spend abroad. To apply: https://lettere.uniroma2.it/ufficio-erasmus-2/
Tor Vergata has its own campus, CX Rome Student Place which offers high quality services and more than 1.500 bed spaces. It embraces different people and cultures, fostering an international environment by promoting the principles of integration and cohesion among people from different Countries. For further details go to https://www.cx-place.com/cx-rome.html
Private accommodation could be found off Campus.
Stories of Meh